- 1981, PA and 1991, MA
- Bucks County
- AB, Harvard College, 1976
- JD/MBA, University of Notre Dame, 1980
Thomas J. Jennings is a partner and member of the Business & Municipal Finance and Public Sector Law practice groups.
Mr. Jennings represents national and local business entities in a wide range of commercial transactions, with a particular focus on facility development and operations. Clients rely on Mr. Jennings for guidance in structuring agreements with the public sector and the formation of public-private partnerships. These activities often involve elements of public policy and procurement issues, economic development, government contracting, environmental regulation and land use planning. He has also served as counsel to the region’s metropolitan planning organization as well as economic development advisory panel which recommended changes critical to the way public and private sector organizations interact. He has represented private sector clients in relationship building with public bodies.
Mr. Jennings works with industry leaders in solid waste and recycling, brownfield redevelopment, maritime commerce and renewable energy. He has served in a general counsel capacity as well as lead project counsel for major business operations on multibillion dollar transactions.
Mr. Jennings has been an active participant and recognized leader in community organizations, including Citizen Diplomacy International of Philadelphia; Harvard Club of Philadelphia Schools Committee; Snipes Farm & Education Center; and Pearl S. Buck International among others.
Mr. Jennings obtained his J.D. from Notre Dame Law School. He is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania (1981) and Massachusetts (1991). Mr. Jennings received his M.B.A. from the University of Notre Dame and is a graduate of Harvard College.
- Represented industry leader with formulation and implementation of strategy to acquire property and to develop major expansion for client’s facility, generating substantial revenue over decades.
- Represented client in the negotiation and drafting of agreements with public and private stakeholders.
- Represented client with entry into major municipal market and related public procurement for multibillion dollar revenue long term environmental services contracts.
- Represented private berth/port operators in securing emergency and maintenance dredging of federal channel and turning basin. Representation also covers disposition and reuse of dredge materials in cooperation with Army Corps and state environmental agencies.
- Represented brownfield developer in seeking public sector participation for the funding and operation of regional water and sewer systems.
- Represented regional metropolitan planning organization on governance and operational matters.
- Represented publicly appointed advisory board regarding economic development programs, organization and strategies.
- Represented renewable energy client in complex asset disposition.
- Represented emerging technologies client with development of organic composting facilities.
Charitable, Community and Civic Involvement
- Chair, Board of Trustees, Executive Committee, Citizen Diplomacy International of Philadelphia; Trustee of the Year, 2011
- Board of Directors, Snipes Farm & Education Center
- Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Pearl S. Buck International (2009-2015); Chair, Opportunity House; Board Member of the Year, 2012
- Pennsylvania Counsel to the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission, a multistate Metropolitan Planning Organization (2010-2012)
- Member, Maritime Exchange for the Delaware River and Bay