Robert D. Sokolove is a Partner of the firm and for over 40 years has been providing legal and regulatory advice, has managed all aspects of corporate business and provided direction to lending institutions, insurance companies, builders and developers and communities with respect to flood insurance and related risk mitigation.
His ability to leverage his knowledge and experience into tangible positive results has made Bob a sought-after speaker at conferences, an expert witness in courts and before legislative bodies, and a published writer on subjects involving flood insurance and revenue creation through green initiatives. Bob’s value in directing and managing organizations’ profitability ethically and sustainably is second to none, especially in the fields of flood insurance and eco-development.
During the span of his career, he has represented some of the largest developers in the US, and has produced positive results and substantial profit for his companies’ shareholders and investors, reduced risk and avoided potential liability for his corporate and governmental clients. He advised some of the country’s largest organizations on how to produce revenue through the development of green and sustainable infrastructure projects.
REPRESENTATIVE PUBLICATIONS AND ARTICLES
- Real Estate Law Journal, “Wetland Mitigation Banking-An Economic Solution – 1994
- American Society of Civil Engineers, “Subrogation-A Federal Regulatory Tool to Enforce Flood Plain Management” – 1993
- ABA Journal of Natural Resources & Environment, “Privatization of Wetland Mitigation Banking” – 1992
- The Flood Report, Monthly publication written and produced of approximately 150 articles – 1983-1985
REPRESENTATIVE SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- AIROC Conference, Philadelphia, PA – Flooding and Lender Liability, 2018
- National Flood, Banking/Insurance Conference, Washington DC, 2014, 2016, 2018
- National Mitigation Banking Conferences, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013
- US Environmental Training Institute – Bangkok, Thailand, 1996
U.S. Wetland Services, LP named by Dividends Magazine/Staples Office Products/Hammermill Papers as ‘Startup Company of the Year”, 1997