- 1998, PA and NJ
- 1997, NY
- U.S. Court of Appeal, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York
- Pennsylvania (Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section)
- Bucks County (Member, Orphans’ Court/Estate Planning & Probate Law Section)
- B.A., cum laude, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1993
- J.D., magna cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 1996
- Estate Planning Certificate, Temple University Beasley School of Law Graduate Tax Program, 2005
Paul R. Cohen provides a broad range of services to individuals, small businesses and non-profit organizations in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Mr. Cohen represents individuals seeking estate planning, often working with financial advisors, accountants and other professionals to provide a complete package of services to the clients. He focuses on ensuring that clients have proper planning to effectuate their distribution goals and also advises on preservation of wealth through proper tax planning. Mr. Cohen has developed a practice working with non-traditional families and members of the LGBT community, including specialized estate planning and life planning. He also advises clients through the process of administering trusts and estates.
Mr. Cohen represents homeowners, small businesses and investors in connection with the purchase, sale or leasing of residential and commercial real estate. He also represents clients seeking municipal approval for zoning relief or land development and has appeared before numerous municipal bodies and zoning hearing boards throughout Bucks County.
He advises small businesses and non-profits on general corporate matters, including formation, corporate governance, contracts and employment law. He currently serves as general counsel for several non-profit organizations.
Mr. Cohen represents clients purchasing and selling businesses, with particular emphasis on transactions relating to restaurants and retail businesses.
Mr. Cohen frequently lectures before professional and community organizations, primarily in the areas of Estate Planning and Real Estate Law.
Charitable, Community and Civic Involvement
- Newtown Township Planning Commission
- Newtown Arts Company
- Bucks County Jewish Congregation (Shir Ami)
- Delaware Valley Legacy Fund
- Hepatitis B Foundation