Michael P. Maguire
Partner, Litigation and Insurance LawGet contact info (vcard) MPM@curtinheefner.com Ph: 215.736.2521
- 1998, PA and NJ
- 2007, NY
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Bucks County
- B.A., cum laude, Villanova University, 1995
- J.D., Villanova University, 1998
Michael P. Maguire was the Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable Sheryl Ann Dorney, Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas – Nineteenth Judicial District.
Michael Maguire is a seasoned litigator with an emphasis on representing insurance carriers in Breach of Contract, Bad Faith and insurance fraud cases. With his experience in these fields, Mr. Maguire frequently assists insurers with investigations of suspect claims, legal aspects of fraudulent claims and provides coverage opinions. Mr. Maguire often advises insurers on claims handling practices, Pennsylvania’s Bad Faith Statute, insurance fraud and other Special Investigation Unit issues. Likewise, Mr. Maguire provides seminars on claims handling, general investigation techniques and recognizing various aspects of fraud in insurance claims.
Mr. Maguire was named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer® Rising Star from 2010-2013, and a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer® in 2014 and 2015 by Thomson Reuters, published annually in Philadelphia magazine.
Charitable, Community and Civic Involvement
- Volunteer Judge, Villanova University School of Law Reimel Moot Court Competition
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Associate Member
- Colonnade Pointe Condominium Association, Vice President (2010 – 2011); Secretary (2006 – 2010); Trustee (2004 – 2006); Board of Trustees
- The Manors at Crossroads Homeowners Association, Inc., Board of Trustees (2011 – present)
- St. Paul Athletic Committee (2012 – present)
- Girls Basketball Coach, St. Paul’s (2014 – present)
- Basketball Coach, CYO (2015-present)
- Baseball Coach, CYO (2015-present)