Gilbert J. Golding
Partner, Commercial ServicesGet contact info (vcard) GJG@curtinheefner.com Ph: 267.898.0570
- 1975, PA
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Bucks County (former Director)
- American Bar Association
- B.A., magna cum laude, LaSalle University, 1972
- J.D., The Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, 1975
- Masters of Taxation, Temple University Law School, 1983; Member, Alpha Epsilon Honor Society
Gilbert J. Golding was a Chief Law Clerk to the Hon. Gwilym A. Price, Jr., Judge of The Superior Court of Pennsylvania
Gilbert J. Golding serves as Chairman of the firm’s Commercial Services Section and concentrates his practice on creditors’ rights, banking and commercial law and frequently lectures on topics within those areas and also on issues of ethical concerns for lawyers.
With over 41 years of extensive experience, Mr. Golding primarily represents financial institutions in the structuring, negotiating and closing of complex commercial transactions, including term loans, line of credit loans, bridge loans, asset based loans, letters of credit, syndications, participations, and tax free loans. He also routinely represents financial institutions and other creditors throughout the nation regarding restructurings, workouts, bankruptcies, and the defense of lender liability claims. He has also represented bankruptcy trustees as special court appointed counsel.
Mr. Golding has served on the Mediation Panel for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Court since 1994 after appointment by the Chief Bankruptcy Judge. Mr. Golding is a member of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference and has served for many years on its Steering Committee.
Mr. Golding has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer from 2005 through 2016 through a peer-review process in the areas of creditor’s rights and banking law as published by Thomson Reuters in Philadelphia Magazine. In 2011, and again in 2015, Mr. Golding was asked by Thomson Reuters to serve on its select blue ribbon panel to help evaluate the nominees for Pennsylvania Super Lawyers. In 2012 through 2016, Mr. Golding was named one of Philadelphia’s Top Lawyers through a confidential peer review process in a magazine published jointly by The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Legal Intelligencer, Law.com, The National Law Journal, the American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, and The Wall Street Journal. From 2000 through 2016 Mr. Golding was named by Martindale-Hubbell as one of the nation’s Top Rated Lawyers in Banking and Finance through a confidential peer review process in a magazine published jointly with The American Lawyer, The National Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel. In 2015, Mr. Golding was selected as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America. Mr. Golding’s Martindale-Hubbell Peer and Client Review rating is AV.
- Government Health Care Receivables –Will the ‘Unitary Creditor’ take your Collateral? – 2001 Risk Management Association Health Care Conference
- Dealing with a Financially Troubled Company: Legal, Practical, and Tax Consequences – 1995 Bucks County Association of Certified Public Accountants and Bankers Conference
Charitable, Community and Civic Involvement
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference, Mediation Panel