- 1991, PA
- 1991, NJ
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Chester County
- Bucks County
- B.A., cum laude, Brandeis University, 1986
- Bachelor of Arts, History
- J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 1991
- Associate Editor of the Villanova Environmental Law Journal
Mark L. Freed represents clients in the areas of environmental law and litigation. Mr. Freed was repeatedly named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer. In November of 2013, Mr. Freed was elected to the Board of Supervisors of Tredyffrin Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania. In 2015 Mr. Freed was named to the Pennsylvania Pipeline Infrastructure Task Force, Local Government Workgroup.
Mr. Freed served eight years as an Assistant Counsel with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection. At DEP he was lead counsel to the Southeast Regional Waste Management and Water Supply Management Programs. He also counseled DEP’s Water Quality, Storage Tanks, Land Recycling (Brownsfields) Programs. Mr. Freed also served two years as a criminal prosecutor in the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Environmental Crimes Section, where he prosecuted cases involving water pollution, hazardous water and storage tanks.
Mr. Freed has argued and tried numerous cases in State and Federal courts including the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. Mr. Freed served as an adjunct professor at the Saint Joseph’s University Graduate Institute for Public Safety and Environmental Protection and as a member of the Pennsylvania Environmental Justice Advisory Board.
Charitable, Community and Civic Involvement
- Tredyffrin Township Board of Supervisors
- Chester County Association of Township Officials, Executive Board
- Global Water Alliance, Board of Directors
- Upper Main Line YMCA, Board of Advisors
- Delaware Valley Environmental American Inn of Court